A wonderful opportunity to serve the community and to help those in need by assisting in our Food Pantry Operation. Volunteer duties include:
- Organize, sort and distribution of donated food or PPE items to community members.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and boxes of donated food items and supplies.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the pantry, storage, and waiting area.
- Set up and close up of the pantry, tents, and tables in the waiting/distribution area.
- Reservation check-ins, registration, and queue/crowd control.
- Data entry of registrations, pick-ups, and assignment of reservations into Plentiful Food Pantry Database system (data entry can be done off-site/remotely after each pantry day).
- Breaking down and packing of cardboard boxes and crates for proper disposal.
- Cleaning of sidewalk and loading area.
Great customer service and communication skills and the ability to work with other team members to handle:
- The stress of a physically labor intensive job.
- The ability to stand, walk, bend and lift.
- Ability to uphold client confidentiality and exercise patience in client services, and
- Observe proper sanitary practice and proper safety protocols.