An excellent opportunity to serve the community and to help those in need by assisting in our Food Pantry Operation. Volunteer duties include:
- Organize, sort, and distribution of donated food or PPE items to community members.
- Loading and unloading pallets and boxes of donated food items and supplies.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the pantry, storage, and waiting area.
- Set up and close up the pantry, tents, and tables in the waiting/distribution area.
- Reservation check-ins, registration, and queue/crowd control.
- Breaking down and packing of cardboard boxes and crates for proper disposal.
- Cleaning of sidewalk and loading area.
- Great customer service and communication skills and the ability to work with other team members to handle:
- The stress of a physically labor-intensive job.
- The ability to stand, walk, bend and lift.
- Ability to uphold client confidentiality and exercise patience in client services, and
- Observe proper sanitary practices and proper safety protocols.
Thank you so much for your interest and for wanting to help the community!