opportunity to serve the community and to help those in need by assisting in
our Food Pantry Operation. Volunteer duties
- Organize, sort and distribution of donated food or PPE items to community members.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and boxes of donated food items and supplies.
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the pantry, storage, and waiting area.
- Set up and close up of the pantry, tents, and tables in the waiting/distribution area.
- Reservation check-ins, registration, and queue/crowd control.
- Data entry of registrations, pick-ups, and assignment of reservations into Plentiful Food Pantry Database system (data entry can be done off-site/remotely after each pantry day).
- Breaking down and packing of cardboard boxes and crates for proper disposal.
- Cleaning of sidewalk and loading area.
Great customer service and communication skills and the ability to work with other team members to handle:
- The stress of a physically labor-intensive job.
- The ability to stand, walk, bend and lift.
- Ability to uphold client confidentiality and exercise patience in client services, and
- Observe proper sanitary practice and proper safety protocols.
Ready to volunteer? Please sign up and complete the Community First Food Pantry Volunteer Waiver.
Thank you so much for your interest and for wanting to help the community!